As a service to you, this practice offers several means of payment for the services and materials which you may require. It is customary to pay the Professional fees at the time of the examination and to pay for any required materials (spectacles, contact lenses, special visual aids) and for follow-up care.
- Eyeglass lenses are a custom prescription item so if a refund is requested, then a 30% restocking fee will be charged. We will issue a full value credit to your account for exchanges made within 30 days of purchase.
- Medicare does not cover the refraction portion of the exam, so there is a $50 charge.
- If you are wanting a new or updated contact lens prescription, there will be a contact lens evaluation fee between $55-$90 (some restrictions apply).
- You are responsible for any co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles, and other non-covered services or materials the day services are rendered. If you are being seen for any ongoing medical condition, co-pays are due at each and every visit.
- Our office accepts cash, personal checks, debit cards, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
- Vision plans only cover routine vision wellness exams, eyeglasses, and contact lenses. Medical eye exams (the diagnosis and treatment of eye health problems) and additional procedures (i.e. fundus photos, visual fields, OCTs) are billed to medical insurance.
Please note that there will be a $30 charge for any returned checks.
If we are not informed of insurance benefits before services are rendered, we will not be able to file your claim. Loss of benefits may result.