Dr. Sponseller is an assistant adjunct professor at Augusta University. Dr. Sponseller graduated with honors from Northeastern State University College of Optometry in 1990. She is the recipient of the Harold Kohn Memorial Award for Research, Varilux Award, and the Outstanding Low Vision Clinician Award.
Dr. Sponseller performs general eye examinations, routine and specialty contact lens fittings, as well as performing all of the pre-operative and post-operative surgery care at the Eye Care One Laser Vision Center located in our Washington Road location. Dr. Sponseller is certified to fit MiSight myopia control contact lenses for children ages 8-12.
Dr. Sponseller completed an internship in retinal ophthalmology in Kalamazoo, Michigan as well as an internship in pediatric and vision therapy. Dr. Sponseller is certified by the International Association Board of Therapeutic Examiner in Optometry and the National Board of Examiners in Optometry.
When not in the office, Dr. Sponseller enjoys spending time with her family, as well as playing tennis and swimming.
Accomplishments and Memberships
- Appointment Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor Augusta University Ophthalmology Department 2004-present
- Preceptor for Family Nurse Practitioner Students Georgia Health Sciences University School of Nursing
- Guest Instructor to Physician Assistant Students Georgia Health Sciences University
- Member Georgia Optometric Association
- Member American Optometric Association
- Cardiometabolic Risks in Hispanic Farm Workers: A Health Fair Model Study in the Southeast Region 2013-present
- Understanding the molecular mechanisms and pathogenesis of keratoconus, Augusta University with Dr. Yutao Liu and Dr. Amy Estes 2015-present
- Accommodation and Convergence Interactions: A Clinical Investigation
- Efficacy, Tolerability, and Comfort of GenTeal and GenTeal Gel, (0.3% hypromellose) in the Pre- and Post- Operative Treatment of Patients Undergoing LASIK Surgery, 2010
You can find Dr. Sponseller at our Washington Road location.